Monday, February 8, 2010

Superbowl 2010

I am a huge football fan, but mostly college football (Roll Tide). But I do enjoy watching the Superbowl and have gotten more into the NFL thanks to my brother. This year the game was great. Go Saints! However, the commercials stunk. There were only three commercials that made me laugh.
First, was the Doritos commercial. The guy comes to the door to pick up his date who happens to have a son. He goes over and starts talking to him trying to win him over and takes one of his Doritos. Then, the little boy slaps him and says, "keep your hands off my mama. Keep your hands off my Doritos." That was hilarious.
Second, was the first Etrade commercial I saw with the babies. Now, I saw they changed babies which is unfortunate because the original one was adorable. But that baby probably no longer looks like a baby so it makes sense they had to change him. In this one, this baby girl is talking to the baby boy through webcam about what he did the previous night and he said he was trading his stocks. Then the girl asks if this milkaholic girl was over there with him. Then another baby girl pops up with him and says, " a milka what?" It was great! I love those Etrade commercials with the babies.
The last one wasn't that funny itself. It was the commercial with Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother (which is freakin hilarious) and he has a sign that says call him with a number on it. You can actually call the number and it is a funny voicemail message from Barney. That cracked me up.
Besides those, there were a few that made me giggle but nothing major. I was disappointed. I wanted to see the commercials they refused to air like the Tim Tebow pro-life commercial and the commercial for a new site called Man Crush. They may have provided more entertainment. And it seemed like the same few companies had commercials; there wasn't a diversity of products promoted. However, it is a recession.
Besides the lack of commercial hilarity, I had a fun evening. Who dat?!

No comments:

Post a Comment