Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Why do this?

At 26 years old, I still have no idea who I am or what I truly want. I have spent 10 years trying to figure out the best means of self discovery. I have realized that documenting my life, my experiences, my thoughts, and my insights would be a great way to finding my "self" amongst the social constructs that keep me from doing so.
Not only that, but I have so much to say. I have so many thoughts running through my head and so many ideas it is necessary for me to put them down, if only as evidence that these things existed. And when I take the time to reread what I've written, I may encounter something new and uncover some insight about the things I experience that may help me in my endeavors.
The reason I have called this muffled voice is because I feel my voice is buried beneath the noise of life. And I don't want my thoughts to simply come about and then disappear. I want to put them into words and make a permanent imprint, hopefully on someone's life besides my own.
I'd like to go ahead and thank everyone who reads my blog. The best feeling for a writer like myself is knowing that at least one person took something away from my writing and thought it more than meaningless words.
I hope that this blog can inspire, motivate, encourage, comfort, inform, advise, or simply entertain. Most of all I hope that the writing of my own words will help me find some insight into my own life. I want to find something new in my experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment